Monday, July 17, 2017

Week 53: Un año... ¿en serio? (A Year... Really?)

 


Hello everyone!

 So let's get the biggest news out of the way this week... I had Carls Jr. for the first time in over a year today. Just kidding, that's not the great news. I did complete a year this last week though! Last Thursday I completed one year of being in Central America! Wow it is so weird to think that it was a year ago that I was entering the Guatemalan MTC as one of the biggest newbies of all time. I've definitely come a long ways since that point for sure. I can now at least say that I somewhat know Spanish (I really only speak Catracho, but it's close enough); I have a much stronger testimony of the restored church of Jesus Christ; I know what the real definition of faith is now; and this skinny, white, red-head can survive the crazy life of San Pedro Sula. Hahah! It has definitely been quite a time of growing and adapting. I am pretty optimistic for this part of my mission that I am starting. I think that I've gotten past some of the hardest hurdles of culture shock and language barrier and now I can focus more of my mind on preaching the gospel. Of course that is what I have been doing the whole time, but now I can do it a lot easier, so we'll see what these last eleven months bring to me.

Caption translations at the bottom of the Blog





This last week was really good, especially because we had a zone conference with President and Hermana Bush. It was great. We talked a lot about how as a mission we need to have lots of love and high expectations and how we need to be using the Book of Mormon more as our main tool for helping people know that this church is really the Lord's kingdom on the earth again. It went great and I definitely learned a lot that will be applied into the work here in San Pedro Sula.

Zone Conference San Pedro Sula



So my mom (by the way shout out to my mom for the throwback on the blog) last week asked me to think about why the Lord has called me to Honduras. I have been thinking about that all week. I have been able to help a lot of people find the restored gospel, but even if I hadn't helped those people I know that the companions I have had and my President would be great reasons for the Lord sending me here. I still feel like the Lord has lots of things in store for me here, but nothing that has happened up to this point has been by chance. That's for sure.

Thanks for all the support and disfruten la semana! (enjoy the week!)
-Elder Dority


We'll have to see how well Mom translated the #'s on the shirt. (Still looked pretty white! Way to go Elder Dority. Your laundry skills are exceptional!)

#One Year
#let's go to San Pedro
#sub-weight
#airplane
#witnesses
#I love you
#you
#marathon
#slowly
#shepherds
#solid
#mission comps names
#areas served
#27 June (release date)
#baleadas (favorite food)
#coca cola
#San Pedro

No comments:

Post a Comment