Monday, July 31, 2017

Week 55: Cambios y Cumpleaños (Changes and Birthdays)

Elder Dority and Elder Cox

Hey everyone! So this week has definitely been a crazy week because of transfers. On Wednesday (my birthday) I had to say good-bye to Elder Alvarado and hello to my new companion Elder Cox, my first gringo companion since I was trained. What's even crazier is that Elder Cox and I already know each other from the MTC because we were in the same district and dorm there! So we came at the same time! He's really cool. He's from Las Vegas so whenever he introduces himself everyone says that he is from Sin City and funny stuff like that.

CCM Dorm
CCM District at the Guatemala Temple

Elder Alvarado was sent to a place called Naco. We had Denny's on Wednesday to say good-bye to him. Probably the number one thing I learned from Elder Alvarado would be to do more service. He is a very helping and service-oriented person and I really like that about him and I am trying to apply that more to my mission and life.

It's been pretty interesting now having a gringo comp because we do our planning in English and not Spanish and there is just a lot of stuff like that that we normally wouldn't do in English. I like it because I can express myself all the time and it's a lot easier communicating with him. He's super obedient and likes to work hard, so I am hopeful for this change with him.

This week has been kinda crazy with our investigators. So we are kind of in the dilemna that almost all of investigators have become eternal investigators and we have been worried about losing a lot of them and then having no investigators (because as all missionaries know you can find yourself without investigators fast and out of nowhere). So we have been going kinda crazy on contacting and taking advantage of the energy a missionary gets with changes. It's been cool to see how the Lord is still preparing people here. One thing I've noticed is that when you talk to people who are outside and not just knocking on doors the people become way better for receiving the message. I believe it's because God puts people in our path.

I also got to celebrate my 20th birthday on Wednesday by receiving a package from my family which was super nice. Now I've got lots of candy, cake, and probably the coolest fidget spinner ever.



Thank you everyone for your support and I hope that you guys all have a great week!
-Elder Dority

We were Greenies Once... Elder Dority and Cox arriving in Honduras together 

No comments:

Post a Comment